The original intention of the trip was to head to the St Joseph Banks group of islands in Spencer Gulf and to see if we could catch a Blue fin tuna on the way, besides testing out the boat and catching our favourite fish, Kg George whiting to eat as we went.
On Thursday we had perfect S - SE winds, predicted 10 - 20 knts and we had a good run to Wedge Island in Spencer Gulf. As the winds were only in the 6 - 8 bracket we hoisted the Asymmetric spinnaker and typically did about 20% better then wind speed.
The weather forecast earlier that morning was not favourable for achieving our destination and still get Anton back in time for him to catch his plane (so he could go back to work), so after some fishing in Wedge Island, not successful as the Depth sounder was playing up, we headed back to anchor in West Cape at the bottom of Yorke Peninsula.
Alcatraz weathered the conditions better than the crew, one was seasick and the other very sore after a long day, it took us 10 hours.